- Albania has confirmed more than 131,000 cases of COVID-19 within its borders.
- Commercial flights returned to Albania on June 15, 2020. Lufthansa and Austrian Air continue with reduced weekly flights to/from Tirana until further notice. We recommend that you contact your airline regarding any boarding restrictions that may be in place, especially for any travelers transiting the Schengen area, as circumstances can change rapidly, and air carriers have the final decision as to who they will and will not board.
- The Albanian government announced (newest on top):
- As of May 5, 2021, the 14-day quarantine for all travelers who enter Albania from Greece and North Macedonia, has been lifted.
- As of April 12, 2021, there will be a daily curfew from 10:00pm to 6:00am, until further notice. Bars, restaurants, fast food, and other similar activities are prohibited from operating between 10:00pm and 6:00am, except for delivery services. Public movement is restricted during these hours except for work reasons, health care emergencies, or urgent needs. The e-Albania portal must be used for special permission to move during this time.
- As of April 12, 2021, direct civilian air traffic to and from Great Britain has resumed.
- As of November 17, 2020, indoor and outdoor gatherings of more than 10 people until are restricted until further notice. The measure includes a wide range of activities, such as: conferences/meetings, political gatherings, holiday parties, wedding ceremonies, or funerals.
- As of October 15, 2020, wearing a mask in public areas, indoors and outdoors, for any individual 11 years old and above is mandatory. Non-compliance with this rule may result in a fine up to 3,000 ALL.
- As of June 1, 2020:
— Preschools and kindergartens reopened.
— All cultural events and other large public gatherings in Albania are cancelled indefinitely.
— Professional sporting events have resumed, with no spectators allowed to attend.
— Malls and shops are open with strict social distancing guidelines in place.
— Hairdressers and dentists are open with strict social distancing guidelines in place.
— Restaurants and cafes are open.
— All indoor activity centers reopened.
— Beaches are open.
— Outdoor exercise is permitted.
— Libraries and museums are open.
— Public transportation has resumed.
— All maritime and air borders have reopened.