EHS Chemical Inventory Associate – Environmental Health & Safety
March 22, 2021 Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM)Maritime Safety News
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Project Management or a related field or equivalent experience is required.
- Master’s degree in one of the above areas is preferred.
- At least two (2) years of directly related professional experience in environmental health and safety programs including laboratory safety, chemical hygiene, hazardous materials, biological safety, chemical receiving/inventory and or project management.
- Valid driver’s license – Incumbent must drive throughout the state and beyond to perform assigned tasks.
- National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) ICS-100 and IS-700 certification required within one year in order to respond to emergency situations in an effective capacity.
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) training certificate preferred
- DOT Hazardous Materials shipping training certificate preferred
- IATA Dangerous Goods preferred
- Demonstrated ability to operate a hand truck, pallet jack or other basic warehouse equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a wide variety of work environments.
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE, including, but not limited to, respiratory protection.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://careers.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.